Providing good customer service is integral to all job roles across many industries such as retail, call centres, financial services, retail, hospitality and leisure.
In your apprenticeship you will understand the importance of communication skills with all sorts of people and will be able to answer questions, handle complaints and give information in a friendly and positive way. You’ll have a friendly outgoing personality and a keen interest in helping people.
Our Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship is designed to equip employees with the skills to deliver a high-quality customer experience, in line with a business’s brand promise and improving customer satisfaction.
The Customer Service Apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to work in an exciting customer-facing and interactive role where positive communication and efficiency are key. This programme will provide the training to develop excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to help customers make choices that are mutually beneficial to them and the business, as well as personal organisation, presentation, self-development and team working skills that will drive quality and consistency through the service given to customers.
This Apprenticeship is suitable for learners who want to take their first step towards starting a career in a customer service role which can apply to a variety of sectors, or who are already currently employed, working in a customer service environment dealing with customers and clients on a daily basis.
Who is it for?
This Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship is suitable for individuals who provide a service which involves communication with internal and external customers. Their duties may vary but it is for people who deal with customers in a positive, reliable and pleasant way, offering advice, answering questions or handling complaints.
- Call Centre Advisor
- Help Desk Operator
- Customer Service Assistant
- Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Service Trainee
- Service Agent
- Senior Receptionists
- Ward Clerk
- Telesales Support
What are the benefits?
- Increased employee retention
- Preparation for success
- Bring latest knowledge and practice into your business
- Apprentices develop the critical skills demanded by employers
- Development of workspace problem-solving skills
- Enhances reputation, provides customer reassurance by investing in trained staff
- Staff that provide a service in line with your organisation’s standards and within appropriate regulatory requirements
- Staff demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product/service knowledge when communicating with your customers
- Maximises staff efficiency and productivity through the development of knowledge and increasing team motivation by developing a learning culture
- As a customer service practitioner your actions have the direct ability to influence the customer experience and satisfaction of your organisation
- Gain relevant skills from an industry driven approach
- Develop the technical knowledge and understanding that underpins competence in a customer service job role
- Develop and demonstrate a range of transferable skills and professional behaviours and attributes in the work environment
- Get an in-depth understanding of the customer service role and its impact
- Develops thorough knowledge of the products and services within your organisation
- Develop a further understanding of your organisation and wider business environment
- Develops confidence to resolve problems and mediate challenges appropriately
- Applies learnt theories and models to practical situations within the workplace
How is training delivered?
An essential element of the ESP delivery model is to ensure you are supported at each stage in your journey to enable you to fully succeed.
You will be taught by learning and skills coaches who are experts in their field with significant practical experience.
Our learning coaches will:
- Deliver online and face-to-face workshops
- They will cover the knowledge need for each module through interactive and informative sessions
- They will help plan independent learning activities
- They will provide one to one coaching via telephone, in the workplace or via virtual mediums like Teams
- They will provide feedback on written assignments and evidence submitted
- they will support you with preparation for end point assessment
How long is the course?
The course is delivered via a mixture of face to face and online workshops, webinars, coaching sessions and work-place learning.
A typical programme maybe broken down in to the following elements:
- 10 x 5 hour workshops to cover knowledge elements of the standard and diploma (may include face to face and online delivery)
- 4 x skills development workshops and workplace visits
- 8 x 1/2 hour reviews and coaching sessions (online)
- 2 x 5 hour EPA preparation and Mock Assessment workshops
- Development of portfolio evidence and assessment completion
- Completion and achievement of the Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (Optional)
- Completion of Apprentice Showcase
- Completion of online learning modules as part of off-the-job activities
Course duration 13-15 months plus EPA