The Learning and Development Consultant and Business Partner Level 5 Apprenticeship is ideal for those in a generalist or specialist L&D role who are accountable for driving the contribution that L&D makes to improving performance at individual, team and organisational level. L&D Consultants ensures that the learning and development techniques they recommend align with the strategic goals and objectives of the business, finding creative ways to overcome obstacles. Apprentices in this role influence key stakeholders and make decisions on what the business can and should do in an L&D context.
Learning and Development Consultant and Business Partner Level 5 lead on L&D projects including the L&D element of other business projects, they are an influencer and decision maker and their work aligns to the context of the business and its strategic priorities, measuring the outcomes and impact of learning interventions.
Who is it for?
This Learning and Development Consultant and Business Partner Level 5 apprenticeship is suitable for individuals who are interested in playing a key role in the continuous improvement of their organisation and have a passion for helping people develop. Apprentices will gain the knowledge and skills you need to identify training needs and develop effective solutions which meet the strategic needs of the business and individual needs of its staff. This is an ideal apprenticeship for those who already have L&D experience and are in a role that is accountable for ensuring L&D contributes to, and influences, improved performance in the workplace at an individual, team and organisation level.
- L&D Managers
- Learning & Organisational Development Managers
- Communication and Learning Managers
- L&D Business Partners
- L&D Consultants
What are the benefits?
- Enhances the skills of existing staff
- Brings latest knowledge and best practice into the business
- Development of workplace problem solving skills
- Apprentices develop the critical skills demanded by employers
- Enhances reputation, provides customer reassurance by investing
in trained staff
- Links learning and development activity within areas of responsibility to business objectives and performance
- Apprentices will demonstrate a range of excellent skills including identifying organisational development solutions, explore use of emerging technology to support learning
- Creates a culture that better equips people and teams to succeed
- Helps to build self-belief in employees
- Provides support for staff to better deal with organisational change and innovation
- Development of a continuous professional development and improvement culture
- Development of internal capability to deliver business objectives on an ongoing and sustainable basis
- Progression to higher qualifications
- Applies learnt theories and models to practical situations within the workplace
- Gain skills from an industry driven approach
- Apprentices will be able to share their knowledge and replicate best-practice
- Develops apprentice’s confidence and communication skills, as well as an interest in new ideas and techniques for self-development as well as that of others
- Apprentices will be able to build effective working relationships with managers, peers and other L&D functions to deliver results from L&D plans and solutions
- Develop and demonstrate a range of transferable skills and professional behaviours and attributes in the work environment Improve apprentice’s knowledge and skills including knowledge around theories and models that underpin effective adult learning and group behaviour
- Provides individuals with additional core knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to be more successful in undertaking their role
How is the course delivered?
An essential element of the ESP delivery model is to ensure you are supported at each stage in your journey to enable you to fully succeed.
Learners will be supported by learning and skills coaches who are
experts in their field, working closely with employers to ensure learners
gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours to demonstrate competency
as a Learning and Development Consultant/Business Partner.
Our learning coaches will:
- Deliver online and face-to-face workshops
- They will cover the knowledge need for each module through interactive and informative sessions
- They will help plan independent learning activities
- They will provide one to one coaching via telephone, in the workplace or via virtual mediums like Teams
- They will provide feedback on written assignments and evidence submitted
- they will support you with preparation for end point assessment
How long is the course?
The Learning and Development Consultant and Business Partner Level 5 course is delivered via a mixture of face to face and online workshops, webinars, coaching sessions and work-place learning.
A typical programme maybe broken down in to the following elements:
- 10 x 6-hour workshops to cover knowledge elements of the standard (may include face to face and online workshop delivery)
- 2 x skills development workshops and workplace activities
- 3 x 4-hour EPA preparation workshops
- 6 x 1-hour virtual coaching sessions
- 6 x 1 ½ hour Reviews
- Completion of assignments and work-related projects
- Completion of a record of continuing professional development (Learning Journal)
- Completion of online learning modules as part of off the job activities
- Development of maths and English through our online learning platform, with the support of the LSC (if required)
Learning and Development Consultant and Business Partner Level 5 Course duration 13-15 months plus EPA