The Education and Skills Partnership (ESP), the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) have joined together to offer a first-class management programme designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
This Operations / Departmental Manager Standard (Level 5) Higher Apprenticeship in Management is CMI or ILM accredited and suitable for anyone who is working in an Operations Management position for the private, public, third sector and organisations of all sizes.
This apprenticeship focuses on the personal development of the individual learner’s management capabilities and competencies and can be paid for by utilising the Governments Apprenticeship Levy.
Successful completion of a full Operations / Departmental Manager Standard (Level 5) Apprenticeship programme, including the CMI or ILM qualification and End Point Assessment will take 24–30 months. You can also do this as a commercial course.
Who is it for?
The Operations / Departmental Manager Standard Level 5 is suitable for practicing middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
- Regional Manager
- Operations Manager
- Specialist Managers
- Senior Manger
- Division Manager
- Department Manager
What are the benefits?
- Develops the strategic leadership skills and behaviours of managers.
- Develop effective and confident leaders with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Achieve measurable improvements and results
- Empower mangers to drive through and manage change
- Improve project management capability
- Development of workplace problem-solving skills
- Apprentices develop the critical skills demanded by employers
- Gains essential knowledge of models and theories of Management to ensure teams achieve organisational objectives
- Brings latest knowledge and practice into your business
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Increase knowledge and understanding of how a Manager should lead, handle processes and guide teams
- Applies learnt theories and models to practical situations within the workplace
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark managerial skills
- Gain a professional qualification
- Apprentices can apply for membership of Chartered Management institute and/or the institute of Leadership & Management
- Progression to higher qualifications
How is the course delivered?
An essential element of the ESP delivery model is to ensure you are supported at each stage in your journey to enable you to fully succeed.
You will be taught by learning and skills coaches who are experts in their field with significant practical experience. All learning and skills coaches are well qualified with management experience, with many in senior positions.
Our learning coaches will:
- Deliver online and face-to-face workshops
- They will cover the knowledge need for each module through interactive and informative sessions
- They will help plan independent learning activities
- They will provide one to one coaching via telephone, in the workplace or via virtual mediums like Teams
- They will provide feedback on written assignments and evidence submitted
- they will support you with preparation for end point assessment
How long is the course?
The Operations / Departmental Manager Standard Level 5 course is delivered via a mixture of face to face and online workshops, webinars, coaching sessions and work-place learning.
A typical programme maybe broken down in to the following elements:
- 11 x 6 hour workshops to cover knowledge elements of the standard and diploma (may include face to face and online workshop delivery)
- 5 x skills development workshops and workplace visits
- 2 x 4 hour EPA preparation and Mock Assessment workshops
- 6 x 1 hour online coaching sessions
- 13 x 1½ hour reviews
- Development of portfolio evidence and assessment completion
- Continuing Professional Development Log to be kept and maintained as part of the portfolio of evidence
- Completion and achievement of the CMI or ILM Level 5 Diploma in Management
- Completion of work-based project
- Evidence of participation on 360 feedback
- Completion of online learning modules as part of off-the-job activities
Operations / Departmental Manager Standard Level 5 Course duration 18-22 months plus EPA