This Leadership and Management (Level 3) Certificate (Online) course is aimed at helping delegates develop their abilities to lead a team through an understanding of how teams work, effective decision making, and how to effectively motivate and communicate to team members.
Benefits for delegates
- Access to CMI Online learning materials covering all aspects of Leadership & Management for an entire year
- Networking sharing experience with others
- Remove qualification as a barrier to promotion.
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working·
- Student membership of the Chartered Management Institute
Is it right for me?
- I aspire to be or am currently a team leader or supervisor
- I want to develop my effectiveness with my team
- I want to increase the results my team achieve
- I would like a formal qualification to confirm my skills
What will I learn?
Improved management techniques to drive better and effective results
- A framework for the principles of leading and managing a team
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire more consistently
- How to support your team to achieve results
How is it delivered?
Through blended online group delivery with virtual learning, and reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 6 x 1.5 hr online group workshops
- 2 Bespoke electronic reference books focused on the key content
- Support via Virtual learning environment
Trainer led online workshops
Through multiple online workshops, of 90 minutes each, led by highly experienced industry trainers, designed for high levels of engagement and analysis. You can
- Talk with other learners by voice and text
- Use breakout rooms for discussion
- Ask questions as you go either by voice or text
- Review recorded sessions to catch up
- Collaborate on questions and learn from the experiences of others.
How long will it take?
The course is designed to complete your training and assessment in one month.
- You can complete the 6 x 1.5 hour workshops over two weeks
- Reading material, training and assessment amount to a total of 130 hours.
- You can agree submission dates with your tutor to suit your workload.
How is it assessed?
The course assessment is one through a work based report. There are two reports needed to cover the CMI requirements. Reports are
- Typically, 2,000 – 3,000 words each
- Focused around your work context, or one with which you are familiar
- Submitted electronically to your tutor
- Marked and returned with detailed feedback against the assessment criteria within two weeks of submission.
- If you don not pass all sections, you will be given advice on how to improve your submission
- You will only need to rework those sections