This concise course supports delegates to develop their abilities for the demands of leading a team. It develops your understanding of how teams work, motivation, communications and how to lead effectively. It builds a framework to support your understanding and decision making in different contexts.
Benefits for delegates
- Access to CMI Online learning materials covering all aspects of Leadership & Management for an entire year.
- Networking sharing experience with others
- Remove qualification as a barrier to promotion.
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working·
- Student membership of the Chartered Management Institute
Is it right for me?
- I aspire to be or am currently a team leader of supervisor
- I want to develop my effectiveness with my team
- I want to increase the results my team achieve
- I would like a formal qualification to confirm my skills.
What will I learn
Improving your management techniques to drive better results and be more effective
- A framework for the principles of Leading and managing an team
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire more consistently
- How to support your team to achieve results
How is it delivered
The course blends online group delivery with virtual learning, reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 6 x 1.5 hr online group workshops
- 2 Bespoke electronic reference books focused on the key content
- Support via Virtual learning environment
Trainer Led Online workshops
These are 90 mins each and focus on the key content. They are designed to promote discussion and sharing of experience. They are led by highly experienced industry trainers and are designed for high levels of engagement and analysis.
- talk with other learners by voice and text
- Use breakout rooms for discussion
- Ask questions as you go either by voice or text
- Review recorded sessions to catch up
- Collaborate on questions and learn from the experiences of others.
How long will it take?
The course is designed to support you quickly. Getting your training and assessment completed over a single month.
- You can complete the 6 x 1.5 hour workshops over 2 weeks.
- Reading material, training and assessment amount to a total of 130 hours.
- You can agree submission dates with your tutor to suit your workload.
How is it assessed
The course assessment is by work based report. There are two reports needed to cover the CMI requirements
- Typically 2000 to 3000 words each.
- Focused around your work context, or one with which you are familiar
- Submitted electronically to your tutor
- Marked and returned with detailed feedback against the assessment criteria within two weeks of submission.
- If you don not pass all sections you will be given advice on how to improve your submission.
- You will only need to rework those sections.