This concise course supports delegates to develop their abilities for the demands of leading multiple teams, implementing company strategy and developing inter-departmental cooperation. It builds a framework to support your understanding and decision making in different contexts.
Benefits for delegates
- Access to CMI Online learning materials covering all aspects of Leadership & Management for an entire year.
- Remove qualification as a barrier to promotion.
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working·
- Student membership of the Chartered Management Institute
Is it right for me?
- I aspire to be or am currently a middle manager
- I want to develop my effectiveness with my team
- I want to increase my influence with wider teams
- I would like a formal qualification to confirm my skills
What will I learn
Improving your management techniques to drive better results and be more effective
- Understand why you are great with some people and not so great with others
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire more consistently
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to- day management
How is it delivered
The course uses a mixture of classroom group delivery with virtual learning and reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 4 days of classroom delivery spread across the 2 units
- Networking lunch each day to engage with delegates and discuss business issue
- 2 Bespoke reference books in both hard and electronic copy, focused on the key content
- Support via Virtual learning environment
Trainer Led Online workshops
These are full days training with a group of between 6 and 12 other delegates. They are designed to promote discussion and sharing of experience. They are led by highly experienced industry trainers and are designed for high levels of engagement and analysis. Venues are 4* city centre hotels, offering excellent client support, free wifi, and and excellent comfortable learning experience. (overnight accommodation is not included).
Working with other delegates give you the chance to process the experience of other delegates from differing sectors and cultures. Often excellent networking opportunities to be made.
How long will it take?
The course is designed to support you quickly. Getting your training and assessment completed over a single month.
- You can complete the workshops over a single week if you so choose. Ideally you would have unit 1 on week 1 and unit 2 on week 3.
- Reading material, training and assessment amount to a total of 130 hours.
- You can agree submission dates with your tutor to suit your workload.
How is it assessed
The course assessment is by work based report. There are two reports needed to cover the CMI requirements
- Typically 3000 to 4000 words each.
- Focused around your work context, or one with which you are familiar
- Submitted electronically to your tutor
- Marked and returned with detailed feedback against the assessment criteria within two weeks of submission.
- If you don not pass all sections you will be given advice on how to improve your submission.
- You will only need to rework those sections.