Coaching is a key skill in developing others and supporting other management skills such as delegation, problem solving and team work. This course is designed to get you up and running quickly applying the learning to your team. It focuses on giving you an understanding of the coaching process and the skills you will practise and develop to be effective in coaching conversations.
Benefits for delegates
- Focused on practical application in the workplace
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working
- ESP certificate
- Network with and learn from other organisations
How long will it take?
The course is designed to support you quickly. Getting your training completed over a single month.
- You can complete the 2 x 1.5 hour workshops over 2 weeks
- Reading material and training amount to a total of 20 hours
Is it right for me?
- I am leading or managing people
- I want to develop team members
- I want the skills and don’t need a qualification
What will I learn
- The knowledge skills and behaviours needed for safe and effective coaching
- Effective Coaching frameworks
- Questioning and reframing techniques
How is it delivered
The course blends online group delivery with virtual learning, reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 2 x 1.5 hr online group workshops
- Bespoke electronic reference books focused on the key content and further learning
Trainer Led Online workshops
These are 90 mins each and focus on the key content. They are designed to promote discussion and sharing of experience. They are led by highly experienced industry trainers and are designed for high levels of engagement and analysis.
- Talk with other learners by voice and text
- Use breakout rooms for discussion
- Ask questions as you go either by voice or text
- Review recorded sessions to catch up
- Collaborate on questions and learn from the experiences of others
How is it assessed
There is no assessment for this course. If you have attended both sessions you will receive an ESP certificate detailing the learning.