This is a focused single unit from the ILM leadership and Management suite of courses. The course lays out how to set up. Manage, evaluate and close down projects effectively. It is designed to support those who are engaging in projects in the workplace as a method for achieving objectives. It also suits those working through smaller defined projects.
Benefits for delegates
- Focused on practical application in the workplace
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working·
- Network with and learn from other organisations
- Registered as a student learner with ILM
How long will it take?
The course is designed to support you quickly. Getting your training and assessment completed over a single month.
- You can complete the 3 x 1.5 hour workshops over 2 weeks.
- Reading material, training and assessment amount to a total of 30 hours.
- You can agree submission dates with your tutor to suit your workload.
How is it assessed
The course assessment is by work based report. This report covers:
- Governance of projects
- Setting up projects in the workplace
- Managing projects
- Evaluating project performance.
- Focused around your work context, or one with which you are familiar
- Submitted electronically to your tutor
- Marked and returned with detailed feedback against the assessment criteria within two weeks of submission.
- If you don not pass all sections you will be given advice on how to improve your submission.
- You will only need to rework those sections.
Is it right for me?
- I am leading or managing people working on projects
- I would like a framework to apply to our business
- I would like a formal recognition of my skills.
What will I learn
- What constitutes a suitable activity for a project
- How to set up and govern and project activity successfully
- What key project components to use and when
- How to close down a project successfully
How is it delivered
The course blends online group delivery with virtual learning, reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 3 x 1.5 hr online group workshops
- Bespoke electronic reference books focused on the key content and further learning
- Tutor support via Virtual learning environment
- Trainer Led Online workshops
- These are 90 mins each and focus on the key content. They are designed to promote discussion and sharing of experience. They are led by highly experienced industry trainers and are designed for high levels of engagement and analysis.
- talk with other learners by voice and text
- Use breakout rooms for discussion
- Ask questions as you go either by voice or text
- Review recorded sessions to catch up
- Collaborate on questions and learn from the experiences of others.