Operational managers often to deliver business performance by influence several teams and co-ordinating between functions effectively. This short course focuses on key components of leadership. Influence and engagement. It is a very practical take, designed to help delegates engage their managers and stakeholders more effectively to meet the challenges of modern business.
Benefits for delegates
- Focused on practical application in the workplace
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working·
- ESP certificate
- Network with and learn from other organisations
How long will it take?
The course is designed to support you quickly. Getting your training completed over a single month.
- You can complete the 2 x 1.5 hour workshops over 2 weeks.
- Reading material and training amount to a total of 20 hours.
Is it right for me?
- I am leading a team of managers/ supervisors
- I want to increase co-operation between teams
- I want to practical strategies to apply
What will I learn
- What do teams want from their leaders
- Approaches to manage managers
- Practical leadership “walking the walk” strategies
How is it delivered
The course blends online group delivery with virtual learning, reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 2 x 1.5 hr online group workshops
- Bespoke electronic reference books focused on the key content and further learning
Trainer Led Online workshops
These are 90 mins each and focus on the key content. They are designed to promote discussion and sharing of experience. They are led by highly experienced industry trainers and are designed for high levels of engagement and analysis.
- talk with other learners by voice and text
- Use breakout rooms for discussion
- Ask questions as you go either by voice or text
- Review recorded sessions to catch up
- Collaborate on questions and learn from the experiences of others.
How is it assessed
There is no assessment for this course. If you have attended both sessions you will receive an ESP certificate detailing the learning.