This is a focused single unit from the ILM leadership and Management suite of courses. The course lays out how to set up. Manage, evaluate and close down projects effectively. It is designed to support those who are engaging in projects in the workplace as a method for achieving objectives. It also suits those working through smaller defined projects.
Benefits for delegates
- Focused on practical application in the workplace
- Short timescale to achievement allows delegates to progress and develop abilities quickly
- Blended delivery ideal for remote working·
- Network with and learn from other organisations
- Registered as a student learner with ILM
How long will it take?
The course is designed to support you quickly. Getting your training completed over a single month.
- You can complete the 2 x 1.5 hour workshops over 2 weeks.
- Reading material and training amount to a total of 20 hours.
Is it right for me?
- I need to understand project structures
- I want to set up basic projects effectively
- I want to monitor projects more efficiently
What will I learn
- Key components of project management
- Effective processes and tools in projects
- Basic governance and monitoring of projects.
How is it delivered
The course blends online group delivery with virtual learning, reflective activities to embed learning and tutorial support.
- 2 x 1.5 hr online group workshops
- Bespoke electronic reference books focused on the key content and further learning
Trainer Led Online workshops
These are 90 mins each and focus on the key content. They are designed to promote discussion and sharing of experience. They are led by highly experienced industry trainers and are designed for high levels of engagement and analysis.
- Talk with other learners by voice and text
- Use breakout rooms for discussion
- Ask questions as you go either by voice or text
- Review recorded sessions to catch up
- Collaborate on questions and learn from the experiences of others.
How is it assessed
There is no assessment for this course. If you have attended both sessions you will receive a ESP certificate detailing the learning.