Projects can be defined and delivered within different contexts, across diverse industry sectors. They can be large or small. Every project needs to be managed to ensure its success, An associate project manager knows what needs to be achieved, how it will be achieved, how long it will take and how much it will cost, and works with the project team to achieve the required outcomes.
Associate Project Managers need good planning, organisation, leadership, management, and communication skills. This apprenticeship programme covers all project management aspects to ensure the learner is able to excel in their role. An associate project manager utilises resources with suitable skills, qualifications, experience, and knowledge to work together in a motivated and integrated team, with clearly defined reporting lines, roles, responsibilities and authorities.
Who is it for?
This apprenticeship is ideal for ambitious individuals from a wide range of private and public sector backgrounds who wish to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to improve performance, confidence and become more effective.
- Assistant Project Manager
- Junior Project Manager
- Associate Project Manager
- Project Team Member
What are the benefits?
- Workplace projects add value in the workplace immediately
- Provides employer with confidence that projects can be delivered on time and within budget
- Development of workplace problem-solving skills
- Improved capability and competence to deliver projects resulting in increasing customer satisfaction and reputation
- Proactive risk management embedded throughout the organisation
- Enhances reputation, provides customer reassurance by investing in trained staff
- Maximises staff efficiency and productivity through the development of knowledge and increasing team motivation by developing a learning culture
- Apprentices develop the critical skills demanded by employers
- Brings latest knowledge and best practice into your business
- Provides individuals with additional core knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to be more successful in managing and delivering projects
- Gain relevant skills from and industry driven approach
- Develops individual’s ability to structure, lead, plan, communicate and manage risk to drive better results
- Develop and demonstrate a range of transferable skills and professional behaviours and attributes in the work environment
- Attainment of a recognised Project Management Qualification
- Membership of the Association for Project management
- Develops further understanding of your organisation and wider business environment
- Applies learnt theories and models to practical situations within the workplace
How is the course delivered?
An essential element of the ESP delivery model is to ensure you are supported at each stage in your journey to enable you to fully succeed.
You will be taught by learning and skills coaches who are experts in their field with significant practical experience.
Our learning coaches will:
- Deliver online and face-to-face workshops
- They will cover the knowledge need for each module through interactive and informative sessions
- They will help plan independent learning activities
- They will provide one to one coaching via telephone, in the workplace or via virtual mediums like Teams
- They will provide feedback on written assignments and evidence submitted
- they will support you with preparation for end point assessment
How long is the course?
The course is delivered via a mixture of face to face and online workshops, webinars, coaching sessions and work-place learning.
A typical programme maybe broken down in to the following elements:
- 6 – 8 x 5 hour workshops for recognised Project Management Qualification
- 10 x 5 hour workshops to cover knowledge elements of the standard (may include face to face and online workshop delivery)
- 4 x skills development workshops and work visits
- 10 x 2 hour coaching sessions designed to build on the apprenticeship standards and help convert theory into practice (Online/Face to Face)
- 8 x 1½ hour reviews (Online)
- 2 x 5 hour EPA preparation workshops
- Development of portfolio evidence and assessment completion
- Completion and achievement of APM Project Management Qualification
- Completion of online learning modules as part of off-the-job activities
- Course duration 18-22 months plus EPA